Friday, August 30, 2019

Birthday sewing

Heavy photo overload today.
I have finished two dresses, a hat, and a princess castle play set for the birthday girl.
I have one more dress cut out and should be able to finish it this week end.

First, look at the cute buttons. These are recycled from a dress.
I only bought a half yard of the mouse fabric and it was just enough.
The lining is cute print of little houses, sooo I'm calling this 'Mouse House' dress.

I think it can be worn as a summer dress or a top with leggings and knit shirt.


Next, a reversible hat that matches the bicycle dress. 
Little girl picked the fabric and the dress pattern.
I bought some sweet lace for the ruffle.


And here is the princess castle play set.
I bought the panel to make this when little girl was a baby.
The longer I waited to make it, the more I was afraid to construct it.
The photos are in scrambled order. 

Inside the castle there is a bed for the princess and a wardrobe for her clothes.
The princess and her clothes are backed with flannel.
There is a many step process to finish these items.
Below you can see some untrimmed gowns and hat.


Here is the princess, her friend the frog and her gowns next to the play set.


She has quite a selection of things to wear.


Here she is tucked into bed with her frog prince!


Showing the flannel on the back of a hat.
I used this flannel as lining in a jacket I made little girl.
Wonder if she will recognize it?


Another view.


Here is the front of the castle.


Another


The back
I signed this side in permanent ink with the date to document who made it and when.


This was a fun break from quilting.
What are you working on?


No comments:

Post a Comment