Saturday, November 21, 2015

Twin Boys Matching 9 Patch Quilts

Former co-worker is having twin boys, so I had to make matching 9 patch quilts.

I had a yard of the rubber duckies and used a fat quarter for each one.
The sides are a cute tossed duckies on one and a tie-dyed yellow on the other.

The corners are 9 inch squares of yellow on one and tossed duckies on the other.

I found a yellow plush for the backing. The rounded corners made it easy to sew with right sides together and then turn and top stitch.

Now I need to find a copy of Eric Carle's book to include with the quilts.
Hope to get some sewing done this week since we will have the whole week off. 

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Progress on scrappy Gretchen

I started scrappy Gretchen in June at MQA's June gathering in a class taught by Joan Alliston.
After many side trips to other projects I am almost finished.
Quilting is done and binding is half done. I am going to hand finish the binding. First time hand finishing for me. Since this will be a wall hanging, I am going to embellish it with some Christmas buttons placed strategically on some less than perfect spots.

This is the back with hanging triangles and label in bottom corner.

Last minute child size aprons made for a kids birthday paint party.

I used some of the Art Gallery fabric I won some time ago.

Quick and easy pattern with no pockets.

Hope to finish my Christmas hanging this weekend.