Sunday, August 4, 2019

Holding pattern

A houseful of company is not my ideal sewing environment. So this past week I enjoyed children and grandchildren and set the sewing on pause.
I added one side of the triangle border before company arrived.


The border hasn't been pressed so it wouldn't lay flat. See a big toe keeping one corner down. :-D


Can I just say I have made enough pieced bits for this quilt? 
I bought several pieces of yardage to audition for a final border for this quilt.
It came down to the paisley below...


or the blue flowered at the bottom.


The whole quilt is so orange that everyone agreed that it needed cooling off. The blue will be the final border. My daughter saw the original Good Fortune quilt on Bonnie's blog and said it really needed the pieced border. But she's not the one who will finish it. I'm going with the blue flowers.

School is starting this week. Now retirement gets real!

No comments:

Post a Comment