Friday, August 23, 2019

Garden Party and other finishes

Garden Party pillow sham version is finished!
After working so long on another scrappy quilt, I decided I needed a quick finish
for the Bonnie Hunter class I took a few days ago.
This will be a useful pillow sham to match another quilt made with these fabrics.
It took 12 posey blocks and 6 path blocks plus 10 half paths and 4 quarter paths.

I quilted it just like I would have if it had been a full size - stitching in the ditch 
on my sewing machine.
I love the trimming step so much.


I stitched the edge just to keep it from stretching.
Zip! The excess is gone.


Neatly trimmed and ready for a pillow back.


I made a simple envelope back.


Here is the inside quilting pattern from stitching around the blocks.
It made one continuous line and came back to the starting point.
How neat is that?


I decided to bind it just like a quilt.
Here is the binding before ironing.
Made from scraps.


TaDa... Bound and finished.


Sewed binding to the back and top-stitched down on the front.


Ready to share Monday at quilt guild.


Tueday I joined a small quilt group - Allison Wells Quilters.
They meet every week and I happened to attend their program meeting.
Each person was given a zip bag of scraps and instructions for making a block.
Here is mine.


Next project - birthday dresses for Miss Ava.
I hope to make 3 dresses before her birthday.
She liked the pink fabric and chose the blue dress on the middle pattern.
I'm using eyelet for the ruffle.
The green stripe will be the sailor dress with a white collar.
If there is enough fabric left, I will use the pink and green for a reversible top.


In other news, my sewing space got an update with the new shelves on the left. 
I love sewing here with the added light from the window.



Hope you have a great week end.
Thanks for the comments, Wendy.
I love linking up with your party.

No comments:

Post a Comment