Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Long and winding road....finally a finish!

I think this may be my oldest UFO. I wrote about it here. That was the summer of 2013.
I know that I made it earlier in a Saturday Sampler called Jamestown meets Ramblin' Rose.
I originally thought I would hand quilt it. Inset laughing face here.
When I saw how big it was I packed it up and took it to be machine quilted.
The quilter's receipt is dated January, 2015.
My only excuse is that we had a black cat who loved to sleep and shed on the king size bed
and I didn't feel like finishing the quilt for her to shed all over.


My quilt group is having a challenge to finish UFOs. Sweet black cat has gone to kitty heaven. 
Time to finish this quilt.
Above is the binding - eleven WOF - the longest binding I've ever done.


I do like this log cabin/sampler and the colors are very rich.


It was much easier to bind using the dining table to hold the quilt.


More of the blocks.



Here it is on the bed. It fits!

Another view.


The binding above and below.


Now in the record books. This quilt is FINALLY FINISHED.

No comments:

Post a Comment