Saturday, March 10, 2018

What are little boys made of?

Do you know that nursery rhyme?

What are little boys made of?
Snips and snails and puppy dog tails.
That's what little boys are made of.

That's what came to my mind when I started making this baby quilt.


I like the bug jar idea but didn't have many bug prints.


So I decided to fill the jars with things I think a boy likes.


Cowboys, stamps from different states - our state smack in the middle of the jar,
drums, monkeys, lizards, trains, balls, guitars, construction signs and tools.
You get the idea.


I took several pattern formats for bug jars and made up my own dimensions.


More close ups,


and more,


and a few more,


The dark strip is the shelf...
Hope it looks like a shelf.


One outside shot on this windy day.


It was a productive week. Next week is spring break.
I hope to get the binding on a king size quilt that has been waiting for over a year to be finished.
We'll see if it happens.
See you on Amanda Jean's link up.

2 comments:

  1. A great idea to turn a "bug jar"quilt in to a boys' keepsake jar quilt! I made a baby quilt using some of the monkey fabric in your bottom row left jar. He was a little monkey!

    ReplyDelete