Saturday, March 3, 2018

Busy Week

Last week end I was busy sewing and cutting out and didn't write my post until late Sunday.
Here are some of my projects.


I made 3 knit tops like the one above. I cut the pattern out several weeks ago but kept delaying the sewing part. Once I made the first one I found the pattern was so easy I became obsessed.


The pattern is one main piece with a bias strip for the neck edge.
I haven't sewn knit fabric very often. I gave away my serger a few years ago
because I didn't like threading it and the cutter freaked me out.
So I made these knit tops using my regular machine and a slight zigzag stitch.


I did finish this Color Challenge blue block and one more that I haven't photographed yet.

Today I hope to cut out the yellow Color Challenge block. I have an idea for a bug jar type quilt top that may get cut out this morning. 

What are you sewing today?

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your new top!! I looked at that pattern, but opted to buy a jacket pattern instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I should try making a top! I haven't done garment sewing in years, but like the idea. I am working on some blocks for Covered in Love, and some scrappy blocks for the RSC18 challenge. Also finishing the binding on a quilt for my great grandson now that he is going to be 5!

    ReplyDelete