Friday, March 16, 2018

Help! A Finish with a problem


First I will share these two little squares that I'm making for my medallion challenge. The green fabric is required for this border. I'm still working on the other parts but I love the purple tulips for the corners.

Here is the finish with a problem. I thought I would wash the jar collection before gifting.
I put a color catcher in the wash.


It may not be visible in these photos but the black jar lids bled on the cream background fabric.


Several spots of black. Any suggestions for spot removal?
I'm thinking Dawn dish detergent. But open to other ideas.


The label is ready for the finished info.


Hoping for a remedy...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely dawn and hot water. If you aren't familiar with it go to Vicki welsh's site and click on the button that says save my bleeding quilt. It worked for me. I got deep blue batik stains off the yellow background on a quilt I made using her method. It really works. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dawn is the way to go. Best of luck with the color extraction!!

    ReplyDelete