Friday, June 14, 2013

Friday "Re"Finish

The quilt below is one of my remaining unfinished quilt tops from a Saturday Sampler series done a few years ago. I was getting ready to cut the final border when my husband asked again for a king size quilt. I don't want to start something that big these days but a thought came to mind. The directions for this quilt said it could be finished in either queen or king size. So.......

I went back to the original directions and found that all I had to do was change the configuration from 5 blocks by 7 blocks (with a block left for a pillow sham) to 6 blocks by 6 blocks. I have ripped out the stitches on the top row and now to 're'finish this quilt top. I had cut two of the borders for the queen size so I am trying to decide whether to add another border or two to make it king size.

The row on the far left is not sewn yet. I hope to finish this after summer school is over. Adding this to Crazy Mom's Friday


  1. Great trick! Congratulations on your "finish"!
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

  2. Thanks for visiting and commenting.