Monday, June 3, 2013

Earlier half finish

This quilt is half of the blocks from the first Saturday sampler offered at the local quilt shop. I had done lots of sewing before, made a simple little quilt and before that made a quilted jacket from a pattern. These blocks are the first ones I ever made using rotary cutter, mat, see thru rulers, you know the stuff. The teacher of the sampler class made up the design, I think. She didn't really have finishing directions or a sample to show at the end of the class. So...I never put the blocks together. Then last fall I impulsively offered to donate a quilt to a raffle at work. I pulled out the unfinished blocks and played around with them until I came up with this configuration. As I sewed the blocks together I noticed how irregular many of my blocks were. My blocks are much improved from these early ones. Isn't that a good thing? Even with the wonky blocks, I think this little half quilt looks pretty. Slowly but surely my unfinished quilts are being completed. Yea!



No comments:

Post a Comment