Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 A Look Back

This year I did very little quilting and lots of small projects. There was some garment sewing and baby gifts were made. Today I worked on Ava's busy bag but did not finish it. This is my 37th blog post of the year. Not quite one per week. I learned to knit and rediscovered embroidery this year. Some of my most recent work follows.


The patchwork side of Ava's bag with lots of Eye Spy things to find.


The little house with windows and door to open.


The first Calendar Girl is finished, washed and ironed. I hope my stitches improve or maybe it's time for eye surgery. ;-)


I started February Girl.


Close up of details of the wall hanging.  
Not sure if the big stitches on the garland and the tree top star are visible in the photos.


I used a yellow-gold perl cotton on the garland and star above.
White perl cotton for the snowflake below.


Looking forward to a new year. Hope 2018 will be filled with sewing and fun times with family.

1 comment:

  1. Nice projects—the busy bag is so cute! My goal for 2018 is to learn to crochet and knit to offer variety to quilting. Hope you have a great year ahead!

    ReplyDelete