Thursday, December 21, 2017

Mid-week update

On the Monday before Christmas I pieced the backing  of my Christmas wall hanging and pin basted it.. 
When I flipped it over there was a crease in the backing.... I had to unpin and do it again.


So on Tuesday before Christmas I pin basted the wall hanging on my dining room table again. 


Then looking for a quick finish I cut out and assembled an advent quilt.
The fabric was not square. Don't look too closely at this finish.


Mr. M encouraged me to hang it. The pockets are just right for small candy canes.


On the Wednesday before Christmas a young friend came over to work on doll clothes. Fun time working with a new sewer.
 I finished the January Calendar Girl! Lots of french knots.
Buttons will cover the circles / ear muffs.
Now to see if the stabilizer comes off easily.


On the Thursday before Christmas I ran errands and sat around. There is still time to quilt the wall hanging. Will I get motivated to get up and do it? Stay tuned for late-breaking news.

No comments:

Post a Comment