Saturday, December 23, 2017

Friday before Christmas

On the Friday before Christmas I did a little sewing. I made this cute needle case after reading a post about 12 last minute gifts for Christmas on the blog "Days filled with joy".


Both the front and inside came from the same fat quarter. I'm using the needle case for my Calendar Girls embroidery needles. 


On the Thursday before Christmas I sat around thinking about how to quilt this wall hanging.
I quilted the borders on Friday using a pale gray thread on top and bottom.


I decided to sew small jingle bells on the tree instead of quilting. It will take some time to sew all the bells in place. Then I want to use perl cotton to sew over the snowflakes and some other features.


On the Saturday before Christmas I sewed on the binding, corner triangles, and label.


Red corner above. 
Tan corner below.


The label is caught in the binding and I will hand stitch the other two sides.


Having the binding done will make it easier to work on the handwork in the middle.
This may turn into a Twelve Days of Christmas quilt.

Hope your holidays are merry and bright!

2 comments:

  1. Sewing jingle bells on this Christmas quilt totally fits the more rustic of the tree on this quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the jingle bells! Just wondering why you need those triangle corners on the bottom of the quilt? I've only used them on the top for hanging. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete