Sunday, July 2, 2023

Garment sewing

A week ago I finished this jacket made from fabric I bought at Paducah Quilt Show in April.


I wore it to book club and Uncommon Threads QG and received so many complements.


Above is the pattern I used.
This was the 5th time making this pattern.

Below: the first one I made on the left and the most recent edition on the right.
I have learned that the neck/front border needs interfacing.
Sometimes I skip interfacing garments but it makes a difference. (note to self)


I have made 2 of the long version.


And 2 of the shorter version.
I made a shorter one for my daughter, too.


I try to finish the seams with zigzag stitches, flat fell seams, or French seams.
Below shows the top stitched flat fell seam.


Inside view of a finished seam.


Underside of the flat fell seam.


Finished sleeve seam.


All of the jackets were made from 100% cotton.


This week end I made a blouse from some slippery print fabric.
There was a little handwork required to finish the neckline.


I used this pattern but changed the cuffed sleeve for an elastic closing.


Almost finished.
The top requires a button and loop closure.
But really I can get the blouse on without unbuttoning it.


Another view.
It fits and I'm glad it is finished.


Next week I plan to make a dress for Ava and shirt & shorts for Kenton.
They are vacationing in Colorado so there is more time to sew.











 

No comments:

Post a Comment