Sunday, July 23, 2023

Little Detours

Lots of detours the past week or so.
I finished the second dress for Miss Ava.
She wanted a dress with all the teal fabrics.


I used the Violet Fields Thread "Georgia" pattern - sort of.
Ava likes sleeveless dresses, so I left off the sleeves.


She wanted one button but I didn't think it would stay closed with only one button.
I used the three patterned fabrics for the loops and covered buttons.


Then I had another detour to make some cloth napkins from stash gingham.
I pieced together an extra square and thought I would use it to cover a small jar.


Then I detoured to try a Christmas craft I saw online.
These will be decorated with puffy paint.
Next time I will share one of the gingerbread houses.


I think these will be fun for the grandkids to decorate when they are all together in a couple of weeks.


I finally received my Silent Night kits.
I plan to make the simple version book/playmat.


Still to make - little brothers matching shirt and shorts.
I'm trying two different shirt styles -buttons in front and buttons in back.


Ava came for a play day.
She asked to sew something by hand.
She has very definite ideas of how to sew.
Great time of exploration.


We are waiting for okra.
The blooms are slowly coming.
We love roasted okra.


These Morning Glories are from seeds that my mom saved.


Linking up with Wendy and wishing I were touring Europe with her.
Happy Sewing!











 

No comments:

Post a Comment