Saturday, July 30, 2022

Sewing Room Table and other bits and pieces

I found a table for the sewing room!
It is 72" X 36" and almost didn't fit in our vehicle when we picked it up.
Photos below showing several views of sewing room as now arranged.



I'm going to keep the wall behind the ironing board free of artwork for a future design wall.


Mailed these mug rugs and galloping horse wall hanging to my sweet former students.

At quilt guild I took a block of the month bag and made these four squares from six strips of fabric.
Quick way to make quilt blocks.
I will do this block again with my fabric.
Following photos show alternate block arrangements.




I am working on a mini quilt for an exhibit in September.
I want to add photos my mom prepared that show her grands sewing at her house.


One option is to cover some of the focus fabric with the photos.


Another idea is to add the photos to the blue chain blocks.


Below are the three photos.
I can't decide if that is enough photos.


Below is the possible top.
I think I'm going to print this one and play around with embroidery and other embellishments.


My New York City bunch is visiting next week.
My daughter has some sewing projects for us.
I can't wait. 

Hope you have a great week.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment