Friday, August 5, 2022

First Week of August

Mini quilt with photos
Still in progress
I'm going to add buttons that represent my mom's sewing life.
Not sure if I'm going to embroider before quilting or use embroidery to quilt.


Kimono style jacket #1


Kimono style jacket #2


Easy skirt with no pattern


This week we had family company - our daughter and her family visited from NYC.
She wanted to make some jackets and a skirt.
In NYC she had tried on a kimono style jacket that was over $200.
She bought fabric locally and used a jacket pattern from my pattern library.

We cut all the pieces at one time and assembly line ironed and sewed.
The jackets took about 2 hours each.

The skirt was even easier - two lengths of fabric with elastic at the waist.
I finished all the seams so they wouldn't ravel.

It was satisfying to have several finishes in just a couple of days.

They are heading home tomorrow.

Have a great week.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment