Sunday, August 14, 2022

Working on two things at once

I'm hand quilting the mini quilt for the Cotton Museum exhibit.
First I machine basted using the 6.0 setting on my straight stitch.


I stitched around the featured blocks with ecru pearl cotton # 8.


Almost invisible on the back. 
The blue basting threads will be removed when I'm finished.


The Sally, Dick & Jane quilt is being machine quilted.
I decided on an orange peel design and made a paper template.
Started out stitching outside the template.
It was difficult to do this way.



I am trying chalk on the next block.
We will see if the chalk brushes off.


A couple of photos of the process.



The block below was done with the paper template pinned in place for each side.


Months ago I wrote with washable markers to find out if that would be a better
way to mark the quilting lines on a quilt.

Below is the after shot.


The original writing with the date.
The yellow and pink washed out best after so many months.
Not sure if I'm going to use markers on my Small World quilt.


Progress on the mini quilt.
All the blue blocks have been stitched with green pearl cotton #8.
I think I am going to add green decorative stitches around the 3 photos on the quilt.


How was your Quilty week?





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment