Sunday, August 21, 2022

Closing in on two finishes

The two projects from my last post are close to being finished.

All the blocks have been quilted in the Dick & Jane quilt, most with an orange peel shape that I chalked on each block. Wondering if fluffing in the dryer will remove the chalk residue.

I had to add a little to the backing and small strips of batting on two sides.
I quilted straight lines on the borders and diagonals on the corner pinwheels.

Below is my corner label ready for the binding.


One of my favorite parts is trimming the quilt before adding binding.
I like how neat and clean it looks.


View of quilting on block and border.


Ready to trim the first corner.


Binding sewn on the front.


Corners ready to be turned.

I will iron the binding towards the back before turning it and sewing it by machine.


The mini quilt needs a little more hand quilting, then binding, labeling, and sewing on a hanging sleeve.

I changed the stitches on the appliqué bits and I'm very happy with the new look.


The buttons have been attached.


Only the green quilting shows on the back.


I want to complete these two by Tuesday so I can share at quilt guild.

What have you been working on?







 

No comments:

Post a Comment