Sunday, July 10, 2022

July WIP and new mini quilt idea

Last week I shared my unorganized sewing room.
It is still a mess!
The air conditioner for the upstairs rooms is not working - waiting for a part for almost 2 weeks.
It has been over 100 most of the last week.

 I wanted to attend one of my new quilt guild's sewing day but didn't want to tote a sewing machine.
So... I decided to work on my wool appliqué Block-of-the-month project.
I am several months behind just getting the pieces cut and attached.


Today I worked on the March block.
Just getting the shapes cut out for three months was an accomplishment.


A little progress is better than none.

Recently I volunteered to make a mini quilt for an exhibit at the Cotton Museum in Memphis.
My sister-in-law sent me a cute 1920's kid fabric that I think looks like my mom and her siblings.
The museum wants mini quilts that show the maker's influences. 

Below are the kids and the fabric I will frame each with.


I looked at this book for inspiration.
One of my mom's quilt books.


I like this chain block setting.


This is my idea book with my layout and block sizes.


Similar layout with another border idea.


Similar kid fabric.


I'm going to use the fabric in the photos above for the alternate blocks, backing, and binding.
The dot fabric is from my stash.
All the other fabric is from SIL.
Thanks, Doreen.

Thank you for comments last week.
I could not unlock my account to comment back.

Love and hugs.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment