Thursday, February 8, 2024

Tea or Coffee? Mini finished, maybe?

These are the paper pieced blocks I made for my Tea or Coffee? mini quilt.


I saw a cute idea for using a handkerchief under a teapot block.
I tried out these crocheted doilies that my mom made years ago.


I soaked several doilies in Oxiclean over night to get out the stains.


I had an idea for how to sew half of the doily on the teapot and half on the coffee pot.


I improvised the layout adding more sashing until the blocks were the same width.
I used lots of different white-on-white fabrics from my scraps as the sashing.


The photo below shows how I started sewing the doily.
I cut a strip 2 inches wide and placed it across the middle of the doily.
I sewed a quarter inch on either side of the penciled line, then cut the doily in half.

The photo above shows how I zigzagged the cut edge to stabilize it. 





Above shows the planning/tryout stage of figuring out the layout.


I pin baste all my quilts.
I quilted in the ditch across the middle and down the columns.

Each block is quilted in the ditch around the original paper pieced block.


I'm thinking of adding beads or buttons on some of the blocks.
Also, thinking about adding embroidery, too.


The quilting is finished.
The label is written and a hanging sleeve is in place.
Binding is done.


I like how it turned out.
But is it finished?


Happy Sewing!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment