Sunday, September 24, 2023

One Felt Christmas Kit Finished

This week I finished one of the Silent Night felt kits.
Changing the sewing machine foot made stitching down the pieces so much easier.
I have been sewing with this machine for over 35 years.
 I think this was the first time I used the darning foot. 


The space that was to be stitched was very hard for me to see.
This foot made seeing the stitches and maneuvering the figures easier.


I finished both of the carriers but used different methods to sew the parts together.
This one has no extra interfacing or batting and has hook and loop closures.


I'm taking this finished kit to NYC for the grandsons to use at Christmas.
They can play with it or use the figures as Christmas decorations.


I did some decorative stitching on some of the pieces with pearl cotton.
Hand sewing through the double sided fusible was awful.
All of the small pieces had fusible to stick the front to the back.


I'm taking some needles and seed beads.
I may add a little bling to some of the people/angels when I get there.


As usual the photos loaded out of order.


The inside view above.
The outside view below.


Some small pieces from the angel pocket.


I'm going to try spray adhesive on the other set of small pieces.
I hope that will not be as sticky to sew through.

Happy sewing!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment