Saturday, September 16, 2023

Little Boy's Shirts Finished and other sewing

Little boy will be three in a week. I made him some shorts and shirts from fabric that matches his sister's dresses. It was challenging because the fabric has no stretch and he usually wears knit shirts and pants.


The shirt above is size 4 and was made from a Simplicity pattern.
The shorts were adapted from a long pants pattern. 

I machine sewed each button hole two times.
I hope that will make them keep their shape better.
On the shirt below I also used paper under the fabric when I sewed the button holes.


His mom likes the look of shirts that button in the back and have a rounded collar.
I adapted the shirt from a VFT dress pattern that buttoned in the back. It had 3/4 sleeves and a ruffle at the neck. I drafted a collar, shortened the sleeves, and lengthened the body. 


I bought a Parker pants pattern to make size 3 shorts.
So he will have two sizes of shirts and shorts.
Hope something fits.


I downloaded a free quilt pattern from Gotham Quilts and pulled the fabrics above.
I'm going to visit GQ when we are in NYC at the end of the month.
I hope to purchase some more fabric so I can make their pattern.


I continue to work on hand quilting My Small World wall hanging.
I bought the kit in 2019 at Gotham Quilts.


Another photo of my Delta Fair ribbons.
When I looked closely at the ribbon sheet that I received, I saw that 
the ribbons had been switched.
The third place ribbon was for my foundation paper pieced Tell Me a Story quilt.
The chairman's choice ribbon was for Homage to Helen mini quilt.

Happy Sewing!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment