Sunday, March 15, 2020

Parlor Trick #2 top finished

My first idea for borders for Parlor Trick was to use 3 fabrics - tan, floral, light sage.
I added the first two, then tried the third one.
I wanted to use cranberry for the binding, pulling another color from the floral.


But when I looked at it again, I decided it was finished with the tan and floral borders.
I think the cranberry binding will look better against the floral. And it just looks finished to me.


On my knitting endeavors, I want to thank Jenny for her kind comment. I tried to reply but I don't think it went through.
I looked for left-handed continental knitting videos and found that I have been trying to knit right-handed. I knew something didn't feel right. Now I feel I am making progress with continental knitting. I am practicing on a pattern that alternates between knitting and purling. 
That forces me to pay attention. My knitting is not great but I can see progress.


Next up some dresses for Ava.
We plan to go see her next week end and since we are asked to stay home for two weeks, I will have lots of sewing time.


Look for pics of new dresses next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment