Sunday, April 14, 2019

Spring projects

Spring is here! My favorite flowers are blooming. I love iris.


I started crocheting a shawl from a pattern I found at Dabbles and Babbles. At first I chained 100 and
crocheted along for a while. Then I decided I wanted to orient it the other way so all that was undone.


This time I chained 200+ and began again. I fixed some parts that I didn't understand the first time.
Below is how far I have gotten with one skein and a little more. Fortunately my yarn shop had more of the same dye lot, so I bought another skein. I think 4 skeins will make the shawl I imagine.


I meant to finish the charity quilt but realized I had an invitation to a wedding shower so....
I looked at the gift registry and found that all the happy couple had chosen was white or ivory with a few accents of red. I made a quick reversible apron with fabric I bought in Boston at a Vietnamese fabric shop. Below is the red side.


I used cream for the other side. If there is time I will make some matching 'Hot Fingers' oven mitts.


Hope to link with Wendy. Enjoy the spring/fall where you are.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea for a shower gift! I'm sure the happy couple will enjoy wearing it... hope they BOTH cook... lol

    ReplyDelete