Saturday, April 6, 2019

April baby quilt finish

Today I pin basted this charity quilt. My quilt group puts together kits of fabric to make lap quilts for children and adults. I picked up the kit in January and sewed the top together. I could have turned it back in for someone else to quilt and bind. I decided to finish it myself. Next step, quilt something in the long yellow and blue sections. Then bind with yellow. 


Here it is all rolled up and ready to quilt. 
I always pin baste on the dining room table on this cardboard cutting board. The pins can stick into it and not damage my dining table or the expensive pad under the table cloth.


Most of my batting is odd bits. I zigzagged two pieces together for the next quilt.


My usual baby quilt is a giant 9 patch. It takes 2 fat quarters and one half yard. This fabric was so cute I wanted to try something different. The center is a fat quarter of some darling foxes, squirrels, and hedgehogs. After a few oops moments, this is the final design. 


Ready to quilt. The backing fabric has little chicks. I cut it too small, so it had to be pieced. 
We'll call that another design feature - pieced back.


I found just enough aqua polka-dots for the binding.


I remembered to sew a white triangle for the label. It's my favorite way to label small quilts.


Finished! The binding went smoothly. I machine sewed it on the back first because of some issues with an almost too small backing. I wanted to be sure there were no gaps between the binding and backing. Thumbs up. It worked.


All four corners look great. Yea!


I will work on the charity quilt next.
Linking up with Peacock Party.
Thanks, Wendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment