Thursday, December 31, 2015

one last post for 2015

I bought this panel Monday afternoon, cut fabric Tuesday, and sewed up a play mat Wednesday.

The panel and yellow/black diagonal fabric are Tonka toys designs.
The backing is pea pod green from Kona Solids? I think.

The drawstring idea came from conversations on Christmas about keeping up with all the little toys some little boy loves to play with.

I am very pleased with how the drawstring and loops turned out. I think it looks like road hazard signs. When the string is pulled the play mat turns into a bag to contain those little cars, legos, and people until needed.

The kimono jacket was finished over the weekend. I bought the black and white prints years ago for another more structured jacket but never got past the lining. This kimono was super fast and easy to make and I know I will make some more. I think lovely daughter would like one, too.

I made three rice bags and flannel covers to give the office ladies at school. They are always cold. Maybe these will help them warm up.

Sweet son made this bubbling fountain for our new backyard landscape. 

Finally, I am enjoying the birds every morning as I eat breakfast. The cardinals come between 7:30 and 9:00 am. Usually I am at work when they drop by. They are my favorite winter visitors.


I think this is a wrap for 2015. Looking forward to new sewing projects in 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment