Tuesday, December 29, 2015

2015 in Review

2015 was the year of small finishes. I started the year strong with a sampler that was begun years ago. I was so pleased that I entered it in the Greater Jackson Quilt Celebration. This time I read the judge's notes. Wasn't as painful as I imagined.


In June I took a class called 'scrappy Gretchen'. My interpretation was a Christmas quilt I'm calling 'Christmas Candy'. Very pleased with how it turned out. I will be sharing it at our January quilt meeting.


Another big finish was this twin sized plus quilt with transportation fabrics for my darling grandson.



 As I said before there were lots of little finishes this year. These baby quilts were for twin boys of a former co-worker. The center fabric is Rubber Ducky from a book by Eric Carle.


Another fun finish was this baby quilt with different textures in the centers of each block. 

It doesn't seem like I had many quilt finishes this year. But considering I sew only on week ends and holidays when the mood hits-I am pleased with this year's creations.

Hope you had a great year. Looking forward to more sewing in 2016.

Best of 2015 Linky Party

1 comment:

  1. I really like that Christmas quilt ala Scrappy Gretchen. Guess I am still reveling in the holiday spirit.

    Popped in from Crazy Mom Quilts linkup.

    www.thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete