Saturday, January 16, 2016

Two weeks into a new year

Two weeks into the new year and I can't seem to get motivated to work on quilty things.
I made another kimono jacket-super fast. It took about 3 hours including ironing the fabric, cutting out the pattern, and sewing. This is the longer version in a cotton lawn. I made a few changes to the pattern like a side slit for easier movement.



Here is what I started working on-my row by row quilt from the summer. I have done all the rows that are simple piecing and now have blocks with lots of applique'. You know how I feel about that.


This tugboat was the easy part. Now I have to add the barges, doors, windows, and cargo. Can't seem to get motivated.

I should make a 2016 To-Do list, so here goes.
Bind the king quilt-Jamestown meets Ramblin' Rose
Finish the row-by-row
Make an Around the World quilt from a jelly roll I bought last June

We'll see how that works out.

How is your new year quilt list progressing?

No comments:

Post a Comment