Saturday, November 15, 2014

Nine Years Later...Working on a Finish

In 2005-06 I participated in a Saturday Sampler Class and made the blocks for this quilt. A week ago I started putting the blocks together. Why did they sit so long? I blame it on the appliqué that goes around the central block. I got stuck and put the blocks away. This is my last unfinished quilt or WIP. I have cut out the appliqué pieces and made up my mind that I will finish putting the top together this weekend. Then I can quilt it over Thanksgiving break.

The photos are basically the same. The top one taken without flash.



The bottom one taken with flash.


I learned one thing about my piecing skills as I put this together-I have definitely improved over the last nine years. Many of these blocks were smaller than they should have been and very wonky.
I am much better at sewing, cutting, pressing, and trimming than I was at the beginning.

How about you? Can you tell you have improved?



No comments:

Post a Comment