Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Avoiding Applique

So I finished ten small wide open zipper bags today. I am pleased with how they turned out.


Cotton Blossom had a special on Kona solids and I bought some with no idea or plan for what to do with them. Then I thought of the teens in a group home we are adopting for Christmas at church. What girl doesn't need a small bag for cosmetics and other girly stuff? 

Looked in my stash for fat quarters to pair with the solids. Then matched up some zippers I got this summer.


All of this sewing was really my way of avoiding the appliqué on the WIP I need to finish.


Two different looks with light teal.


Two bright reds.


A couple of grays.


The darker teal.


I think these are my favorite and I usually don't like orange.


I made the first two from start to finish. Then I decided that assembly line would be faster. It was. I got more accurate with the bottom boxing seam. All in all very happy with them. Hope the girls like them.
Now I have to get on that appliqué. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment