Saturday, February 4, 2023

Frigid Week in Memphis

Quite a mixed bag of sewing this week.

UTQG's block of the month for February is curved piecing.
I looked online for tips and finished these in short order.


I wanted an embellishment for my SAHRR center block and checked in this book.


I used yellow DMC pearl cotton and a milliners size 3 needle to add an edge stitch.


Last summer grandson David pinned these fabrics to my dress form.
He has been asking when I was going to finish his creation.
I tacked all the pieces together and here it is.
Sort of like fabric armor.


Miss Ava spent the day with us Friday 
because her school was still closed from the freezing weather.
She loves penguins and I found this strip of penguin fleece leftover from another project.
She cut strips with scissors and a small rotary cutter to make fringe on each end.


Now she has a scarf to wear that she made.


Then she noticed a felt bird panel I made. 
She wanted to make one with a robin instead of a red bird.


She drew her idea on freezer paper. 
I ironed the pattern on the  felt she chose and she cut it out.
Here is her version.


It has a ribbon for hanging.


I need  to practice embroidery stitches so I can finish my Tinsel Trees from 2022.
So I joined Beth Colletti's 30 Day stitch along.


I whipped 30 circles to a fat quarter of quilting cotton.
Below are the first two days.
Day 2 was Fly Stitch on the left.
Day 1 was blanket stitch on the right.
I discovered that felt is very forgiving.
I had to undo and resew several times and the holes from those stitches don't show.


Happy sewing!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment