Thursday, January 19, 2023

Stay at Home Round Robin

Below is my center block for the Stay at Home Round Robin.
Yes, another detour from my list of possible projects for 2023.


I'm going to hand whip the heart to the background before the first border is announced.

Why am I detouring?

One reason is I am waiting for an order of pearl cotton to be delivered so I can
continue hand quilting My Small World.

Second reason, I am waiting for fabric to be delivered for the X blocks I'm making for
my Tell-me-a-story quilt top.

Third reason, I'm waiting for my teams to send their swap blocks for the same quilt.

I am in the mood to sew - not patiently wait.

The next photos are of a secret sewing block for a member of one of my quilt groups.
We were asked to make a heart block.


I made a sort of crazy quilt applique' heart.


I hope the scrappy fabrics remind the recipient of happy times.


Below the finished block (11" x 11")


I used fusible interfacing for the sewn and turned applique' method


I'm going to the Oxford Fiber Festival in Oxford, MS this week end.
Should be a lovely day for a road trip.

Have a good week!



 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janice! I love both of the hearts you shared with us today. I'm not much for waiting either, patiently or otherwise. The Queen heart holds a lot of opportunities for building the future rounds. I adore the heart stitching on the guild heart. It's a little surprise when someone takes the time to enjoy it closely. I'm so happy you are joining in the SAHRR. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roseanne. I'm excited to join the SAHRR.

      Delete
  2. This is a fun block to use for the center. Should be great to build on. This is my first time to your blog so I think I will go take a look at some of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you are joining SAHRR - no matter what the reason!! LOL!!! Your centre block is great! It'll be fun to watch your quilt grow! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete