Sunday, October 6, 2019

Scrap Dance Minuet Mystery

Some months ago I downloaded the Scrap Dance Minuet Mystery quilt from My Carolina Home.
I planned to make the lap size quilt after I finished Good Fortune.
I have cut fabric and sewn the basic blocks and now I'm ready to finish the blocks.


I used a light green instead of white for the background fabric.
The centers will be one of these five fabrics.
One block is the easy one above with no triangles.


The other block has 8 flying geese. I made the flying geese according to the directions but they all have to be trimmed to the correct size. I'll do them later. Only 48 to trim for the lap quilt.


Can you guess what the tulle and elastic ribbon is for?
I hope to finish a dress-up tutu for Miss A in the next few weeks.
It is almost a no-sew project.
  

Before I share this to the Peacock Party I have to add my favorite flower that is just now blooming, Spider lily. They are about two weeks late blooming this year. I love the way they pop up in unexpected places.


Have a good week!
Janice

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've picked a perfect project to tackle after Good Fortune. Coming off a Bonnie Hunter Quilt you need something a little less crazy! I love your background fabric.

    ReplyDelete