Sunday, October 27, 2019

NYC Shop Hop

Just returned from visiting our grandsons in NYC.
I didn’t do any sewing but did arrange to visit a couple of fabric shops.


 I found this advent calendar at Gotham Quilts. I have made 2 different advent calendars and gave them away. This one I will keep for my house.


Also at Gotham Quilts I bought a Jen Kingwell kit with directions and fabric to make Small World.
I look forward to learning some new things as I work on it. Gotham Quilts has NYC fabric, too.
Fat quarters of 4 New York and/or sewing themed fabrics came home with me.



I found the Virginia Finley Wolfe shop on the 8th floor of a very nice building.
The shop is very small and only open a few hours a day. The clerk was friendly.
I bought one of VFW's books, some solid fat quarters, and three half yards of some of her fabric.
I have chosen one of the small quilts in the book and think the fabric will be just right.
Lots of partial seams in her blocks. I'm pretty good with partial seams and look forward to trying some new block designs.

That's about it for my NYC shop hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment