Saturday, January 20, 2018

Reality Check - the week in review

As I wrote last week, my plans were set in jello. Good thing. We had two snow/ice days, so I had more time to sew and read.

See the progress of my 'Feather & Fan' scarf below.




I am thinking about connecting the ends for an infinity type finish on the scarf.

Here are my two 6" red blocks for the Color Challenge.


Surprise project - finish! 
This giant 9 patch baby quilt is finished for my friend who is about to be a grandmother for the first time. I changed the backing fabric and decided to roll the edge instead of sewing a binding.


I quilted on the diagonal and that went so well I turned the quilting into big diamonds.


The problem with rolling instead of binding - the corners cannot be squared up. Oh, well.


I love the love birds on the front and the double cherries on the back.


I started one more project that has been waiting since the summer. I cut out a blouse from a new pattern. The fabric is knit and has very few seams. Will share next time.
How was your week?

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a productive week! I love the baby quilt! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tried that "binding" technique not that long ago. Yours looks like it turned out WAY better than mine!! Truly a lovely finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the rolling the backing to the front method. It doesn't work in all situations, but it works for table runners, small wall hangings and such. Easier if quilting yourself. My longarmers tend to travel outside the edge and then it is nearly impossible to use that technique.

    ReplyDelete