Sunday, December 4, 2022

Some Christmas Finishes

Yes! The rag quilt is finally finished!
After washing and drying it is ready to be used.
The size is 48" X 48". The squares were cut 5" and sewn with a half inch seam.
There is no batting - just flannel on both sides.
Even using the spring assisted snips my hands tired after snipping a few rows.


The Super Heroes are finished, too.
I watched the how-to video several times and I'm pleased with the results.


The boy hero has blond hair like our grandson.
The girl has a ponytail like our granddaughter.


Here they are all dressed up with their Teddy Bears.


A quick sewing finish for Miss A.
I had this piece of green fabric with little red hearts.
Miss A requested a 'romper'. I think that is six year old for 'jumper'.
I used a favorite VFT's pattern but added 2.5" in length at the waist.
After making a muslin to check the size, I added another half inch on the side seams and back.


Miss A's concept drawing is below.
She wants buttons and a sash.
I suggested red ribbon but she wanted blue.
Photos of possibilities from my stash follow.


Side trip - after sewing the dress I noticed that my fingers were stained green.
I washed the dress with a color catcher and did not see any green on the color catcher.
So I'm hoping that the dress won't run on skin or other clothing.


I like the lace option below.


The only blue in my stash is this ribbon.
I think it makes a Nordic statement.


We will see which one Miss A chooses later today.

What are you sewing this week?





 

No comments:

Post a Comment