Saturday, January 22, 2022

Pineapple blocks in progress

Monday I attended a workshop with Gyleen Fitzgerald and learned how to use her pineapple block ruler.

After finishing three blocks I felt competent to make more on my own.
Below are the first blocks and the book we used.


I cut lots of 1.5" strips from scraps and separated them into light and dark.
Next I cut the strips into the required lengths.
All of the blocks will have the same 2.5" center.


Below are more finished blocks and the bin with the strips.


Trying out the borders with six finished blocks.
The centers and the outside border are the same fabric.


Below some kits ready to sew.


The quilt requires 16 blocks and finishes at 46" X 46".
I may make it bigger because there are lots of strips ready to quickly use up.

Excited to have a fun project to sew.
Have a great week.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment