Saturday, July 6, 2019

Quilting break is over

The hat was the last piece finished. To cover the seam joining the crown to the brim I first used ribbon but it didn't have enough stretch.


There was enough of the brocade to cut a bias strip. It worked much better and was like sewing binding on a quilt.


The sleeves have ribbon closures.


Ribbon attaches the sleeves to the doublet, too.


Here is the singer, all decked out in hat and doublet. Can't wait to see it with shirt and pants.


My other non-quilting project was these bucket hats for my grands and their cousins. Each hat has a different ship centered on the crown. 


Now I'm back to working on my Good Fortune quilt. I made the half-square triangles a little bigger than called for. While I sewed the costume and hats, I had time to buy a set of Bloc-Loc templates and have them delivered.


On to trimming 200+ of these. It is very time consuming and boring so I will be watching some BritBox as I work.


How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment