Sunday, February 24, 2019

Rainy Week

It was a rainy week. At school I tried to avoid getting the flu from students and staff.
I needed a quick sewing project. The one below was adapted from a mini quilt I saw online.


I had a mini charm pack that I wanted to use in half square triangles. I used 3 pieces from a white charm pack for the white half of the squares. The only problem was the difference in the sizes of the mini and regular charms. I cut the bigger white into four parts but was not very accurate.
The block size ended up two and one-eighth inches. The wolf was fussy cut from a fat quarter.


I used some leftover border for the binding. It was almost too narrow but I made it work.
I'm calling this "The Gunniwolf" for a favorite story my students like to act out.

I am making progress on the March Girl. I can watch TV and sew on it a little each night until my eyes get tired.



What are you sewing?
I'm linking to Wendy's Peacock Party if there is still time.

2 comments:

  1. Fortunately we're still in summer here, so there's no colds or flu about at the moment. I know they can spread quickly in schools. Your mini quilt is cute! Thank you for linking up with the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Wendy. And thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete