Saturday, January 26, 2019

Finished 2018 Color Challenge Quilt

My first finish of 2019 is the Color Challenge Quilt of 2018.
I decided to use stash fabric for the backing. I had a piece of minky dots just big enough.


I pin baste on my dining table. 


Not a lot of pins but I like less quilting for a softer quilt.


Some of my favorite scraps are in this quilt.


Simple machine quilting using my sewing machine and the built-in walking foot.


I had just enough gray for the binding, too.


The back is soft and cuddly.


Big enough for one person or two little ones.


Who will get to snuggle with this quilt?


Now some photos of our Mississippi winter garden.


Just about ready.


New place for iris. Nandina showing off its color.


My succulents are surviving in the cold. 

Linking up with Wendy. So glad she is having her peacock party!

2 comments:

  1. I love this scrappy quilt. And I like to see that it's possible to use the home sewing machine for quilting straight lines. Congratulations on your finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt looks very effective, and your machine quilting has worked well. Thank you for linking up to the Peacock Party.

    ReplyDelete