Monday, September 24, 2018

Unfinished Challenge

My quilt group has a year long challenge to finish UFOs. I listed 5 that I wanted to finish this year.
I finished the last 2 this week end!

This is the flimsy of my trip around the world lap quilt.
I had only sewed a few strips together before this month.


I finished this patriotic triangle lap quilt with scrap batting and stash binding and border.
I think I bought the backing for this quilt but it has been so long in my stash that it should 
count as stash, too.


The quilting is simple straight lines down the length.


Here is the finished quilt. This is going to baby Lily. She is my cousin's first grandbaby.
I know Nancy would have loved spoiling her.
I am calling the quilt Peace Around the World. One of the fabrics has peace signs all over it.


The backing fabric has a cute dog in a taxi going to sights in NYC.


Two UFOs in the finished column.


Yea!

No comments:

Post a Comment