Monday, July 9, 2018

Another productive week of sewing

First, I finished a long time UFO I have called 'Pink and Gray'.
I had the blocks done but couldn't decide how to arrange them.
My quilt group is having a UFO challenge so I listed this as one to finish.


I used strips of white left over from another project. I bought gray backing fabric.
I had some batting left from my scrappy Bonnie Hunter quilt.
Since I wanted to finish quickly I just rolled the back around to the front for the binding.
Yea! A finish. I am now calling this 'Hoo's your neighbor' because most of the fabric is from
Amanda Jean's Good Neighbor fabric line. I added some pink and gray owls, so 'hoo' seemed
appropriate. I'm going to save this for the next baby girl quilt gift.


The next finish has also been waiting for a long time to be sewed.
I bought the pattern - Simply Elegant T - and the fabric a couple of years ago at a quilt show.
The salesperson recommended using other fabric to try out the pattern. I made the shirt 3 times in other fabric because I didn't want to cut into this expensive stuff.
I'm happy with the results and bought more fabric to make another top.
Love this top. Always get compliments when I wear it.


This last one is still in progress. My quilt group has been working on a medallion challenge.
We received the final instructions in June. The quilt has to be finished by the end of October.
I was three borders behind. This week end I finished the two outer borders.
There is one more to go. It must be 8 inches wide, include two pieces of UGLY fabric, and have at least one convex/concave block. Still pondering what to do.


I plan to finish this one before school starts. I won't have much sewing time after that.
How was your week?

No comments:

Post a Comment