Thursday, May 24, 2018

The Making of a Felt Book

I am making grandson David a felt book.
There is a pattern but I kind of did my own thing.
Here are the beginning pages.


The heart in hand was one of the patterns I used from the kit.
I added the free hand flower on the side.


There was a pocket pattern but I found these bits leftover from a baby quilt.
I added some lining and used a blanket stitch to secure it to the page.
There will be a snap closure.



Here is the cover. I cut out the letter free hand from scraps then used a tiny blanket stitch that is on my sewing machine. I sewed the front and back of each page together with a running stitch using 
DMC Pearl Cotton. The plan is to finish the book tonight. Fingers crossed.


I have finished one green block for the Color Challenge. The other block is cut out but may not be finished before we leave to visit the grands in NYC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment