Sunday, April 22, 2018

Hexie Bug Jars

The medallion challenge in my guild (due tomorrow) is a 3.5 inch border with at least one hexie and using the bug fabric somewhere in the border.
I had a different idea but hexies are not my friend, so I came up with the hexie bug jar.


It briefly entered my mind to do this as paper piecing but nope.
So I made a plan for cutting and machine sewing the hexie jars.


After making one trial jar I was ready to assembly line the other three.


In writing we say 'sloppy copy' for the rough draft.
Below are my sloppy blocks before trimming.


Untrimmed/trimmed


All ready to sew in the corners of the border.


Border done! Sorry about the background clutter. 
Happy to be finished in time to join Crazy Mom's link up.


New border assignment tomorrow. What will they think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment