Sunday, November 12, 2017

Little Bits of This & That

This is the first week of earlier dark and I'm glad to have many projects to fill in the time.


First a sort of finish-
I watched some videos by Knit Purl Hunter and decided to try binding off on this practice piece.
Success! A little messy but I did it.

Next up a visit with mom yielded this variety of knitting needles and crochet hooks.
I don't even remember mom knitting. The five items on the left are crochet hooks. I've never needed anything that long before. 


This is my first attempt at following a knitting pattern.
Well, actually the second attempt because I pulled out the first try. I forgot to move the yarn from back to front when I changed stitches. I'm waiting for my teacher to officially teach me how to bind off. I think I may try the pattern again and see if I can be a little neater.


Last bit - I started the January Calendar Girl. I couldn't wait any longer.
I need very good light to work on this. The embroidery needles I bought are hard to thread so I may have to get a different brand.


In other news, I decided to embroider a cat on Ava's jacket. She dressed up in a cat costume for Halloween and the cat pattern is cute, so cat it is.

How was your week?


No comments:

Post a Comment