Friday, September 8, 2017

Gifts and gift bag

The long Labor Day weekend was productive around here.


I finished these mama cows and babies. I put crinkly wrap and jingle bells in the baby animals to make them more stimulating.


My mom (Great-grandmother) made the chick, pig, and sheep mamas and babies.
We are giving a set to Ava and a set to David for her birthday and his Christmas respectively.


My baby gift stash now has 6 flannel receiving blankets. Time to take a break from making receiving blankets.


TaDa! I used my blue bird embroidery on a zipper bag I'll take on this weekend's trip.


Here is the back.
I used some recycled fabric and scraps - zipper I had - and fusible interfacing leftover from another project. I altered the wide open pouch from Noodlehead by adding a strap.


I also changed the pattern to have the corners finished inside instead of turning it thru the lining.
I love the lining fabric - birds and birdhouses.


And last of all - a fabric gift bag for Ava's 1st birthday. 
Ready for the beach birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment