Saturday, February 28, 2015

Pilllow finish with various other bits

I tried to make a mini quilt and started with 2 inch strips but they were too big. I cut the strips down to one and a half inches. I had 8 four inch blocks and 4 two inch blocks left. 


I used the same border fabric as the mini. This block is 15 inches square. I quilted simple diagonal lines over the blocks and a wiggly line in the border.


Here is the finished pillow cover and the inner pillow. I made the inner pillow out of a bag of leftover batting. I can't throw anything away. I am so pleased with this 'free' pillow made completely from scraps!


Here is the finished pillow. You can see the quilting.


Here are the pillow and similar mini quilt. The mini will be donated to my quilt guild for a fundraiser.


Some other little finishes- 3 flannel baby blankets and the buggy baby 9 patch.


Tomorrow I will work on the buggy framed baby quilt. I can't decide what binding to use but I can get started with pin basting and machine quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment