Friday, August 18, 2023

Using up stash

Our darling daughter asked for some cloth napkins while she was visiting with her family earlier this month. The set of china my mom left for her and her wedding china were finally going to NYC. The plan is to use real china and cloth napkins when they get back in their school year routine.


I made 4 napkins from this paisley fabric above. 
I turned under a quarter inch hem and stitched around.
It took 5 minutes to make one napkin.


I used the large tweezers to help turn the corners.


Another set of 4 made from a tan fabric with tiny rose buds.


Two sets of napkins = two yards of fabric gone from my stash.


A local quilt guild had a summer shop hop.
I bought this pink and gray fabric from the fabric designer's shop.


Don't know what I will make with this fabric but I love it.

Next up - finish my 3rd Memphis mini quilt.
Happy Sewing.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment