Friday, May 5, 2023

Making National Parks Posters into Quilts

First a Paducah photo retry-
I took a lecture class on thread painting at the quilt show.
I took notes and photos of a couple of examples.
When/if I try thread painting, I will post photos.
Below is a sample of using fabric as the pattern for thread painting.


This week I have been working on quilt tops using National Park Poster fabric and the batik fat quarters I recently won. The first top will be for my younger brother. He has visited much of the US. On family vacations as kids we camped in National Parks-most of the ones on these posters.


Trying out borders.


I used this green as the border on the first top.


A finished top - but- I think I'm going to change the large batik blocks in the center column.


Another border try-out.


This green dotty fabric was in my stash.
I think it looks good with the posters.


I have bought three flannels for backing.
I want to be sure these are snuggly lap quilts.


Another border try-out.


There will be four lap quilts made from these National Parks Posters.
Look for updates next time.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment